Avigilon has released its H5A analytic cameras, claiming to "detect more objects with greater accuracy even in crowded scenes."
We tested the 1080p and 4K models of the H5A line to see how they perform compared to the H4A line of analytic cameras, tested in our report Avigilon "Self-Learning" Analytics And VMD Tested.
Inside, we answer the following questions:
- How well do they perform against common outdoor false alert sources such as rain, animals, and foliage?
- Are human and vehicle classification accurate?
- What distance/PPF level is required for detection?
- How do image details in day, night, and low light compare to H4?
- How does WDR performance compare?
- How well do they integrate with third party VMSes?
Note: Appearance Search Coming: This test covers fundamental analytics and image quality. We will be releasing our findings on Avigilon's Appearance Search and UMD in an upcoming report.