Ava has released their new direct-to-cloud IP cameras competing with Verkada in the growing cloud connected camera space. But how well do these new cameras really work?
We bought and tested Ava's 4K and 5MP domes, examining:
- How do Ava's cameras perform compared to cloud competitor Verkada, as well as Axis and Hikvision?
- How does image quality compare in full light (~200 lux), low light (~2-0.1 lux), and WDR scenes?
- How do cameras perform in the dark with IR on?
- How high or low are bitrates?
- Can the cameras connect via ONVIF or RTSP?
- How do Ava's Cloud cameras differ from their On-Prem series?
Note: This report covers Ava cameras and image quality only. IPVM published a separate report covering the VMS and video analytics.