Failures and set backs in the smartlock business have been commonplace (e.g., Lockitron Admits Failure and issues from our 2017 Kevo test).
But $20 billion publicly traded company Assa Abloy just acquired smartlock maker August, so the biggest access control maker sees some future for this space.
Did Assa make a good purchase? How well does August's product work?
We bought the newest August Smartlock Pro, including a keypad and WiFi Connect Hub to see just how different it performs compared to competitors.
In this report, we reveal key test findings:
- How Well The Lock Works
- The Basic Device Operation
- If Bad Doors Cause Lock Malfunction
- Overview of App Controls and Alerts
- Examine Operation Of Lock Keypad
- A Key Atypical Advantage
- Compare August To Kwikset Kevo
Read the full findings and more inside.