Aiphone was one of integrator's favorite intercom manufacturers but how well do their products work? The company's newest offering, the IX Series 2 claims to "offer the power of an enterprise platform with the simplicity of a single system."
We purchased and tested a system to see how it compares to the competition.
In this report, we evaluate and test the following:
- IX Series 2 strengths & weaknesses
- Why the system is not universally SIP compatible
- Exacq & Milestone VMS integration
- Poor overall video performance
- Easy system configuration software
- The expensive, but reliable master station
- Device pricing compared to competitors
- How door strike integration works
This test expands IPVM's intercom test series including Commend ID5 Intercom, Zenitel's Vingtor-Stentofon, Axis access, Axis mullion door station, 2N Verso and Hikvision's door station. Look for an upcoming shootout this fall.