One of the most powerful yet often underappreciated characters in all physical security is the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
Often, these authorities get involved only when problems arise, and they frequently leave a flood of delays, redesigns, and cost increases in their wake.
Inside we examine:
- Who AHJs Are
- What Job Titles They Typically Hold
- What Qualifications They Have
- Why Video Surveillance Does Not Typically Concern AHJs
- But Why Access Control Systems Typically Do
- Why Initiating Contact With AHJs Is Prudent
This tutorial will help security installers improve their AHJ interactions in security projects.