John Honovich
Mar 19, 2019
IPVM

Vote first, comment inside:

JH
John Honovich
Mar 19, 2019
IPVM

This is the successor to Would You Take A Job At Axis? (2016 - Old) as a member asked for new advice and the old series is approaching 3 years old.

TC
Trisha (Chris' wife) Dearing
Mar 20, 2019
IPVMU Certified

i’m wondering what person, assuming they’re already in this industry, wouldn’t take a job at Axis?*

they’re basically the gold standard, no?

industry pioneers

quality product lines

market leading innovators

consistent financial performance

top-of-the-line employee benefits

(5)
U
Undisclosed #3
Mar 20, 2019

Axis is a unique culture...you will either last 2 years or 20. If you are just starting out or winding down your career it is a good stable place to be (I don't think they have ever had a lay-off). The organization is very flat so career growth opportunities are limited to lateral moves.  If you are in sales your earnings may be capped or part of a "group number".  They have got the math figured out to keep everyone in a nice tight band. That being said, they have good products/reputation, but are slow to innovate and they charge a premium.

(2)
Jeffrey Hinckley
Mar 20, 2019

For sure.  This is definitely a good year to work there. There used to be so many IP camera choices (2008-2016) but now.... (currently choice is similar to Boeing and/or Airbus - this year I am giving the nod to Airbus though).

(3)
U
Undisclosed #1
Mar 20, 2019
IPVMU Certified

There used to be so many IP camera choices (2008-2016) but now....

who did we lose? Toshiba, Sanyo?

U
Undisclosed #1
Mar 20, 2019
IPVMU Certified

what!? and give up me job at Hik?

(3)
U
Undisclosed #2
Mar 20, 2019

I would work anywhere as long as they offer at least 2 out of these 3 things:

1. Good money

2. Interesting work

3. Nice colleagues

The rest is irrelevant imho 

bm
bashis mcw
Mar 20, 2019

Can I publicly report possible findings without employment NDA ;-)

(2)
U
Undisclosed #1
Mar 20, 2019
IPVMU Certified

if I remember correctly, they have a “zero-day tolerance policy” or something like that ;)

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #4
Mar 20, 2019

They do not pay as well as other manufacturers which is why they recruit so heavily out of college.

(3)
bm
bashis mcw
Mar 20, 2019

Might explain why they have ASLR and NX on most things nowadays... hm..

(1)
U
Undisclosed #5
Mar 21, 2019

Axis is a great place to work.  Great products, great people and great culture. They have had some small layoffs, though.  Their integrity in the industry is top notch.  That is important and is considered a priority.

(1)
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Mar 21, 2019
IPVM

They have had some small layoffs, though.

Can you clarify this? Did they lay people off or did they let people go? Their growth rate has been relatively high and they have been net hiring consistently so layoffs would be very noteworthy. Can you elaborate? if easier, you can email me confidentially at info@ipvm.com

U
Undisclosed #5
Mar 21, 2019

I stand corrected.  Small camera line outside reps were repositioned, but some were let go, due to no openings. 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions