Hi all, I am most perplexed. its' probably the simpliest of fixes but here is my problem. A couple of weeks ago we had a crazy storm come through... soon after one of my dvr's (dahua) started only showing a couple of the cameras although, the monitor also showed a black/grey image where a camera image should be. If you click on the black/grey image, the camera is live and actually shows video however, once you click back to your original display, the black/grey image is back. This has affected about 5 cameras, while some of the other cameras seem to revert back to their IP address. The NVR is not networked, none of the other dvr's were affected, only the IP cameras (which included 3 PTZ's). The setup has been operating perfect for the last 3 years or so. And yes, the cameras are recording and viewable if you play back.
Here's what I've done:
1. Switched the monitor with another... same problem.
2. Switched the HDMI cable with another... same problem.
3. Switched out the NVR with a new one... same problem.
4. Switched out the POE switch with a new one... same problem.
5. The majority of the cameras (14 total) are either CAT6 or RG59 EoC and do reconnect in an IT closet using the "barrel" splice. If the cable is CAT6, it runs from the camera to the NVR but I am still having a problem with no video showing. Same if I'm using the COAX. The barrels could be the common element however, it doesn't explain why the cameras using CAT6 are doing the same thing.
Also, I am not the original owner of this setup... I've just had to clean it up (even now) as best as I could and make use of what was available to me according to the SoW some 3 years ago.
Also, does anyone know how to default a PTZ (Dahua) password? I can't log in even using the Dahua default password.
Any ideas/solutions would be greatly appreciated as I am very confused about this.