Subscriber Discussion

Milestone 1st Order Question

JP
Josh Penn
Jun 23, 2017
Automated Controls

I am going to try out Milestone for the first time and ADI has a ton of listings for licenses, I will have a total of 18 cameras and I wanted to know what licenses to purchase to start ordering my equipment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Jun 23, 2017
IPVM

Just knowing you have 18 cameras you probably want to go for Express+:

The "+" versions are new and are part of the more modern codebase (explained here). The non + versions are slightly cheaper but with less functionality and greater difficulty to upgrading to the newer versions.

(1)
(2)
JH
Jay Hobdy
Jun 23, 2017
IPVMU Certified

We are a new Milestone partner so here is my 2 cents.

You get a 30 day trial, so you can get your system running and order the licenses you need. We only put in 1-2 cameras per site, for license plates, but I think you can get 25 cameras during the trial.

Milestone has a catalog, make sure you use the correct part #

(2)
Josh Hendricks
Jun 24, 2017
Milestone Systems

I think the 30 day trial is for 8 cameras - same as the free XProtect Essential+ license. Typically our partner test licenses are for 25 cameras.

For the part numbers, it's best to have a chat with our inside sales team - they help our new resellers all the time with this kind of thing.

The gist of it is that you'll buy a base license, and x device licenses. You then have some options when it comes to ongoing software upgrades (Care Plus) or upgrades plus 24x7 priority support accessible to both you and your customer direct from Milestone (Care Premium).

As I mentioned, give our inside sales team a call and they can get you squared away. I'm not sure where you're located but our US office number is +1 877 350 1101.

(2)
Josh Hendricks
Jun 24, 2017
Milestone Systems

Just thought I'd add that ADI and any other distributor should also be able to give guidance on the skus you're looking for.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions