Subscriber Discussion

Managed Video Services UL Listing (UL 827 And 827B)

EN
Evan Nardone
Nov 06, 2018

Hey everyone, 

I know that monitoring is usually on the periphery here but the wealth of knowledge is awesome so I figured I would pose the question. After slowly getting into video monitoring as a contract security providor, my company has decided to jump in with both feet and build out our monitoring central station. The discussions here, all of the threads have been a big help to me already.

But today we had a discussion about developing a plan to become UL listed in the near future. I know a little about UL 827 (Central Stations) and 827B (Monitoring Video Services) but wanted to see if anyone here had real experiences with implementation. I am assuming that you would need to comply with both parts to get your UL certificate? Any recommended checklists? 

Dan Gelinas
Nov 26, 2018
IPVM

Hey Evan,

My background before starting with IPVM was covering the monitoring beat at Security Systems News and then I worked in sales at a central station. I'm reaching out to my contacts to see what I can find and will be doing a post as soon as I can.

Thank you for the discussion topic!

Dan Gelinas
Jan 09, 2019
IPVM

Hey Evan,

Following up on my reply from Nov. 26, I wanted to let you know that the post on UL 827B is now live on the site.

Please let me know if you have any other questions either by commenting on the story or emailing me directly at dan@ipvm.com.

(1)
EN
Evan Nardone
Jan 10, 2019

Thanks Dan! I just looked over your article quickly and I can't wait to really dive into it. So much great information. I really appreciate the time you put into the research, this will be very helpful. 

Dan Gelinas
Jan 10, 2019
IPVM

My pleasure, Evan. Glad to investigate. Also, not sure if you're a TMA member or not, but in general the ACCENT Listserver is a great resource for any and all questions/issues/best practices for monitoring centers. You need to be a TMA member to join the Listserver.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions