IPVMU Certified | 08/01/18 06:47pm
We are planning a 'shootout' of camera installation / ease of installation. We want to evaluate camera install criteria and features that are most important.
The first models we'll test are indoor domes. These parameters will be evaluated for sure:
- The Quality & Size of Hardware and Captive Screws
- Design/Quality of Gimbals
- Usability of Safety Tethers/Wires
- Quality/Accuracy of Mounting Bases/Sticker Templates
- Size/Mandatory use of Cable Whips (ie: options to remove them?)
We are planning to test in common install locations, like drywall, ceiling tiles, masonry block walls, and so on.
IPVM recently surveyed 140+ integrators of both Top Features For Easy Camera Installation (Statistics) and Worst Features for Camera Installation (Statistics), and our preliminary list is based what integrators reported as important.
But, what other aspects or criteria should we include for indoor domes? Image flip? Corridor Mode? Housing color options?