Subscriber Discussion

Camera Calculator

DM
Demelash Mamo
Feb 13, 2019
ITS Technology and Trading P.L.C.

What happen to camera calculator as i am not able to use it today?

JH
John Honovich
Feb 13, 2019
IPVM

I just used it and it works for me.

Can you post a screenshot or describe what happens for you? There could be some bug or issue, those details would help us help you.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Feb 13, 2019

This is what it looks like

Sean Patton
Feb 13, 2019

UI1

We are looking into the issue. We have seen similar issues in the past related to a network site needing to be white listed in a company firewall. From our Calculator Guide:

Calculator Doesn't Load - Check Network Connection

The Camera Calculator can be blocked by a company firewall if the following 2 sites are blocked. If you can load the Calculator from your home network, but not at work, check with your IT department:

• https://ipvm.com - Check login credentials for permissions
  • https://e7164728-9328-4911-8cf0-7607d6d34ef5-bluemix.cloudant.com/ - where the Calculator is hosted

It is also possible the last project you worked on is corrupted, and it is causing the calculator to freeze when you try to open it.

2 ways to check this are:

• Log out of IPVM and then open the calculator
  • Open the calculator from an project permalink. Try this one: Test Permalink

DM
Demelash Mamo
Feb 13, 2019
ITS Technology and Trading P.L.C.

When I logged out, the calculator works fine but when I logged in to IPVM, calculator does not resolve the information. Your advise?

(1)
Sean Patton
Feb 13, 2019

Did you try opening the Test Permalink? If that opens okay when you are logged in, see if you can open a New Project at that point. If so, it means you potentially have a corrupted project (the last project you had open while logged in).

MM
Mark Marzinzik
Feb 23, 2019

I am also experiencing a scrambled screen in Chrome?  Very hard to use it.screen

JH
John Honovich
Feb 24, 2019
IPVM

Mark, our apologies. What browser and version are you using? e.g., Chrome 72 or IE 11, etc.

From the looks of it, my first guess is that it has to do with the browser. We may be able to fix it depending on which browser / version it is.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions