Subscriber Discussion

April 17th 2018

Sean Patton
Apr 18, 2018

Email support for Calculator

Went over details with Ryan about getting Stanley accounts signed up

Worked on Dedicated vs Converged Networks survey post, needs chart/graphics and final editing

Looked up info on Verkada in prep for the call - very rough outline of post stubbed pre-call

Set up a meeting next week with Jonathan Lewitt to talk about ISC West

Sent an email to Mike Dotson to schedule a time to meet up next week

Ryan Ace
Apr 18, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Talked to Sean about getting Stanley accounts set up.

Emailed Drew Alexander about getting Stanley set up. Drew requested quotes for 10, 20, and 30-user plans. Also asked him what 3xLogic models he'd like us to prioritize. He replied with 2 models. I told him I'd add those tomorrow, and the remaining models by end of week. I also offered an intro webinar for him and his team.

Lunch meeting with JH. Talked about scheduling an interview, conducted and written by Sean, regarding my time selling Vivint in a retail environment and common questions from consumers.

Emails with Kam Sawalha regarding his post in the discussion forum. Kam sent us 3 of the quotes he received, redacted. I uploaded them and posted links in the discussion.

Only 1 user found with login issues today. I sent an email asking if he needed assistance, but have not yet received a reply.

Scrubbed 3xLogic model numbers for camera entry.

TT Scanlan and JH about email from James Ray asking about what course he should take "to learn how to port forward and networking NVR’s and DVR’s for stand alone CCTV systems we sell and install and it seems every internet provider has different protocols on getting into there routers so what class will make me a pro at CCTV networking." I sent him a link to register for the networking course, as well as a link to our Remote Network Access for Video Surveillance Guide. Per JH, I clarified that we do not recommend port forwarding.

Support emails and 1 camera request for Interblas. This looks to me like it might be Dahua OEM.

JH
John Honovich
Apr 18, 2018
IPVM

Intelbras is a Dahua OEM, a major one in Latin America.

Rob Kilpatrick
Apr 18, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Posted vulnerable Hik demo cam to Github that I found skimming the ftp.

Setup and shot the Hikvision Darkfighter X test day / night at 100 - 500 feet, walks in from ~500' to test tracking and focus, and at night in front of the building at different lux levels.

Discussion Cleanup

Brian Rhodes
Apr 18, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Graded exams, should be most of the way done by tomorrow afternoon

Wrote worst access post: https://ipvm.com/reports/worst-access-control-2018

Unboxed dummy cam in prep for call tomorrow

back & forth emails with Sean Nelson re: ADC for business 

Ethan Ace
Apr 18, 2018

axis vmd4 edits

some discussion replies

went over test setup with scanlan/rob, testing of darkfighterx at night

will get notes in tomorrow AM and wrap up ASAP. net/net it's pretty good. some focus issues at night, and some detail is slight/moderately blurred but it's bright and color is pretty accurate.

John Scanlan
Apr 18, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

paid the RCN bill / paid the CSi bill for the darkfighter

updated camera in db for test

hik test prep / setup

assisted ethan with VMD4

camera final exam support

setup and shot dark fighter / dark fighter x day time and night time

Broke out vulnerabilities into individual issues / added FLIR  

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions