Subscriber Discussion

March 15, 2017

Brian Karas
Mar 16, 2017
IPVM

Anvil post - sent draft to contact at Anvil to see if he had any additional input/comments. Will incorporate feedback in the am. 

Brivo post, waiting for feedback from Rhodes. 

Talked to Carter at cameo to give him some tips on ISC West.  Going to do an ROI aft the show on what they spent on the booth and what they got for leads, potential business, etc. may contact a couple other companies to see if they will give similar info. Would be neat to do a comparison of costs vs lead #'s. 

From conversation with Van Till, Sounds like Brivo has some other announcements before isc but nothing as big. 

Email with Uiterwick, they have Orchid running on new Pelco cams as 'worlds smallest nvr' Pelco is using arm chips, so made it easy. Supposedly in deal with Pelco to have orchid pre-loaded, said he also discussed with Axis but Axis had no interest in the idea (don't really blame them). It's ipconfigure and Pelco, kind of low level, other than the old Pelco would have probably taken a similar approach to Axis back in the day, but now they are reduced to this. 

Setup call with Evolv CEO for tomorrow AM. 

Ethan Ace
Mar 16, 2017

they have Orchid running on new Pelco cams as 'worlds smallest nvr'

He does know that Exacq runs Enterprise on Axis, Illustra, and Vivotek for several years now, right?

Ari Erenthal
Mar 16, 2017

Not to mention all the cameras that record on the edge, which could technically qualify as well. 

Ari Erenthal
Mar 16, 2017

Set up call for Monday AM with CSAA

Email back-and-forth with camera course student re system design

Closed panic buttons

Wrote Simplisafe Warns Customers Of Alarm Fines

Received glass shock sensors, so I can close the glass break report

Edited the ToC discussion

Looked at Salinas KA false alarm rates. It's a small town, but accurate stats for false alarms are quite difficult to come by. 

Assurance class 

Mark H wants us to attend the DMP event on the Monday before ISC West. I don't see the value in spending most of the day there but they have a session called "tools for faster installations", which sounds interesting. 

JH
John Honovich
Mar 16, 2017
IPVM

Edited the ToC discussion

Whenever an existing discussion or post is materially edited / changed, a comment should be placed to notify existing thread participants and future readers to the date of the change

JH
John Honovich
Mar 16, 2017
IPVM

Wrote Simplisafe Warns Customers Of Alarm Fines

You don't mention the word simplisafe until paragraph 6, which is hard to believe given the title. You also don't include the email that is the basis of this entire post. The post needs to be anchored on Simplisafe - a company and trend that our readers care about.

Call me.

Brian Rhodes
Mar 16, 2017
IPVMU Certified

did Mirolli class

wrote unikey profile post

last class #12  for Winter cameras tomorrow, prep for key lessons / final on backside

2gig videos next, write report next

Ethan Ace
Mar 16, 2017

mission control testing. everything was going well and then mission control disappeared from the server again. i emailed genetec to take a look at things tomorrow. i don't know why this is happening. the server isn't stressed. that chewed up more time than i was ready for.

i've got cameras, a card reader, and i'm simulating other events with extra inputs on the HID Edge. 

consumer cam work with scanlan

added another few hikvision and dahua OEMs

grabbed last shots for VMS update post, will really finish that tomorrow. 

emailed rob about reading to do, etc.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions