Why Video Surveillance Companies Should BlogAuthor: John Honovich, Published on Jul 16, 2008
You are making a mistake by not blogging. It does not matter who you are. Blogging can have a very significant impact on your business at an extremely low cost.
You may object that you do not have a blog or that it's too time consuming or difficult. I want to share you that (1) it is easy and that (2) how you can get started immediately.
Why you Should Do it
- Hundreds of industry insiders will learn about your talents
- Make key connections for new jobs, new projects and new partnerships
- Create a brand for yourself
- Takes only 30 minutes and a few paragraphs.
- Share what you know.
- If you are a security manager and your experience is using systems, tell people what you like and do not like. Trust me – lots of people, including manufacturers will benefit.
- If you are an integrator and you choose products, explain what products you like.
- If you are a manufacturer, explain why your new technologies are important and how they work. Use your products as an example and don't simply cut and paste your brochures.
- Simple and short is fine. Don't worry about writing research papers.
How to Do it:
If You Do NOT Have a Blog:
Use IP Video Market Info's “Write Your Own Review.” Select a topic or company and write your entry. You don't need to set up any software or a new site, just go to http://ipvideomarket.info/reviews/selector, select your topic or company, write your review and submit it.
Success Story: Last week, Kevin from Cyberwatch Security in San Jose wrote a review of an Arecont Vision camera . In less than a week, the review has been read over 125 times. It's very apparent to me and the readers of that review that Kevin knows what he is doing. All it took was 3 short paragraphs to demonstrate this. Kevin has provided a service to the rest of the community. The next time a contact asks me for an integrator in the Bay Area, I will recommend Kevin.
If You Do Have a Blog:
If you have your blog, let me know. My software automatically scans RSS feeds, analyzes and organizes posts. I do this for a dozen top bloggers already.
Success Story: Envysion has a very active blog. In the last month, I have linked to 5 of their posts and sent over 140 visitors to their site. It's a great exchange. Envysion helps share information with the community and I help direct new readers to their blog.
Best Practices for Blogging
Ok, ready to blog? Write your first blog now. Thoughts?
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.