Western European Video Surveillance StatisticsBy: John Honovich, Published on Sep 07, 2009
A UK non-profit specializing in the building and construction industry has released market statistics and projections for the European security and video surveillance markets. The BSRIA issued a release overviewing their statistical results.
The key statistics/conclusions cited:
- Intrusion alarms will be increasingly supplanted by the monitoring of CCTV/video surveillance monitoring
- 2008 Western Europe installed system sales of CCTV/Video Surveillance estimated at $3.9 B USD
- In rank of market size, UK is the largest, followed by Germany, France, Italy, Spain and finally the Netherlands
- The Top 5 manufacturers of video surveillance serving Western Europe only have approximately 20% of the market
- Over the last decade, BSRIA reports that "government, retail and banking are amongst the top spenders when it comes to video surveillance"