Western European Video Surveillance StatisticsBy: John Honovich, Published on Sep 07, 2009
A UK non-profit specializing in the building and construction industry has released market statistics and projections for the European security and video surveillance markets. The BSRIA issued a release overviewing their statistical results.
The key statistics/conclusions cited:
- Intrusion alarms will be increasingly supplanted by the monitoring of CCTV/video surveillance monitoring
- 2008 Western Europe installed system sales of CCTV/Video Surveillance estimated at $3.9 B USD
- In rank of market size, UK is the largest, followed by Germany, France, Italy, Spain and finally the Netherlands
- The Top 5 manufacturers of video surveillance serving Western Europe only have approximately 20% of the market
- Over the last decade, BSRIA reports that "government, retail and banking are amongst the top spenders when it comes to video surveillance"
Related Reports on Statistics
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.