Norbain CEO - Recession Forcing Radical ChangesBy John Honovich, Published Dec 24, 2008, 10:26pm EST
In the best security executive interview I have ever seen, Alun John, the CEO of leading UK manufacturer, Norbain, examines the severe impact of the recession on the industry.
I strongly encourage you to read the extensive interview in its entirety.
Focused in the UK, Norbain is a very large manufacturer/distributor (over $175M USD revenue). By comparison: For US readers, Norbain is equivalent in reach to Pelco and Northern Video combined. Or for Asian readers, Norbain is similar in size and power to Hikvision.
Here are some key quotes:
- "The idea that any industry is not going to be affected by the world crisis is stupid."
- "We're seeing a lot of downward pressures for people to get things cheaper."
- "We are aggressively launching a new low cost product range called Xeno"
- "We're scaling back our plans for the future and our expectations for the market."
- "The mid market for analogue CCTV I do not see changing rapidly"
- On IP cameras: "The reality is there's going be a lot less built to stick [IP cameras] into in two or three years time."
1 report cite this report:
Back to Top