Milestone's new entry level version announcement will have a major impact on the VMS market, forcing rivals to match or lose market share and benefiting consumers by lowering prices. The new entry level package, called XProtect Essential, replaces XProtect Basis+ with notably expanded functionality and, most importantly, significantly reduced price. We believe that this will trigger an industry wide reaction over the rest of 2010. While the VMS market is fragmented, Milestone is a relatively large supplier and one that both partners and rivals look to as a benchmark.Inside the premium section, we will explain the following key elements for members:
- What is the existing price structure for VMS offerings in the market?
- How do VMS vendors segment their pricing/product offerings?
- How does Milestone segment their pricing/product offerings?
- How does the pricing and functionality of the new XProtect Essential compare to the previous XProtect Basis+?
- What specific changes should we expect in the industry?
For further background on Milestone, read our test results on their SmartClient, Corporate VMS version and Central alarm monitoring add-on.To understand the basics of VMS software, watch our 2 hour VMS Fundamental video series.