Is Momentum Shifting Away from IT?By: John Honovich, Published on Dec 16, 2009
Canada's SP&T News examines weakening momentum for IT providers [link no longer available] in the physical security market. Referencing the November 2009 Securing New Ground Conference, she observes a number of signals and statements that indicate weakening momentum of 'big' IT.
- They note that IBM and Cisco keynoted prior years events but have not returned since.
- Anixter suggested that "IT integrators don’t have the ability to service the security industry in the same way they do"
- They mention Jeff Kessler [link no longer available] "actually thinks IT integrators and distributors won’t gain ground as easily as some might fear."
- IT underestimates small physical security budgets
- IT does not want to get its hands dirty with installs
- IT may find the pace of change to slow