Is Momentum Shifting Away from IT?By: John Honovich, Published on Dec 16, 2009
Canada's SP&T News examines weakening momentum for IT providers in the physical security market. Referencing the November 2009 Securing New Ground Conference, she observes a number of signals and statements that indicate weakening momentum of 'big' IT.
- They note that IBM and Cisco keynoted prior years events but have not returned since.
- Anixter suggested that "IT integrators don’t have the ability to service the security industry in the same way they do"
- They mention Jeff Kessler "actually thinks IT integrators and distributors won’t gain ground as easily as some might fear."
- IT underestimates small physical security budgets
- IT does not want to get its hands dirty with installs
- IT may find the pace of change to slow
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.