Selecting video analytics can be difficult because many factors impact the choice. In this report, we examine 8 important questions that should be addressed when evaluating video analytics.
The easy part is usually determining the type of video analytic you want (perimeter violation, abandoned object, etc.). The hard part is assessing how it works with your existing system, facility and operations.
Here are the 8 recommended questions:
- How does your existing equipment impact choice of video analytics?
- How will camera positioning impact the cost of video analytics?
- How tolerant are you to false alerts?
- How tolerant are you to missing a real event?
- How many cameras will use video analytics?
- How will you monitor the video analytic results?
- How can you determine the performance of a video analytic system?
- What is the total cost of the video analytic solution?