Frame Rate Training - Free Premium ReportBy: John Honovich, Published on Dec 30, 2010
Here's a free sample premium report providing training on frame rate selection and use for video surveillance. Premium members get access to all training and every report.
Frame Rate Training
Selection of frame rates has a significant impact on your overall surveillance solution.
The video screencast and downloads should help you answer the following 10 questions in selecting frame rates:
- What is the definition of frame rate?
- How is frame rate measured?
- What is the range of frame rates used in video surveillance?
- How does IP impact maximum frame rates compared to analog cameras?
- What is the key risk of too low frame rates?
- What is the key risk of too high frame rates?
- How does the video of a person walking differ between 1, 5 and 30 frames per second?
- How does the video of cards being dealt differ between 1, 5 and 30 frames per second?
- What frame rates should you use for what applications?
- How much can storage vary depending on selection of frame rates?
To see for yourself, download the 6 video samples that demonstrate different frame rates for the same scenes.
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.