Bosch Security 2012 Financials
Published Sep 28, 2012 00:00 AM
PUBLIC - This article does not require an IPVM subscription. Feel free to share.
The following post summarizes financial details disclosed by Bosch Security System's President at Essen 2012. This includes all security products, not just surveillance.
- 2011 total revenue for security systems was EUR 1.447 billion (~$1.87 Billion USD)
- 5% overall growth rate for 2011 over 2010
- 4% overall growth rate for first 3 quarters of 2012 so compared to equivalent 2011
This growth level is fairly expected for such a big, global company. The overall security market just is not growing that much.
Geographical region breakdowns:
- Key growth markets for Bosch Security are China, Southeast Asia, Russia and Latin America
- 25% year over year sales growth in China
- Many countries in Europe underperforming
- Trend to IP: "Seeing a move away from proprietary, analog-based systems toward networked based systems"
- Trend to New Entrants: "Seeing an influx of new competitors in the market driving forward the speed of innovation"
- Emphasized innovations as key to growth
New Developments emphasized:
- "Dynamic Transcoding Technology to our IP and HD range, we are Extending the possibilities for low-bandwidth remote monitoring"
- Growing the technology partner program
- Advantage Line to hit the mass market
The Cloud for Bosch:
- "We are working intensively on the Web 3.0 application. Our "Cloud-based Security & Services" concept, Which combines our products and services into a comprehensive range for small to mid-sized businesses, is part of this"
- "An example, a video surveillance camera uses a secure Internet connection to transmit scenes to the Bosch Security Cloud, a process that Involves in-house infrastructure within our Bosch EN 50518-certified monitoring center. Bosch at the monitoring station, Which meets the most stringent European security standards, trained associates monitor the respective premises 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can intervene directly if Necessary"
- "We are now offering this service in Germany and the Netherlands. After this initial first step, we will quickly add additional products and services in 2013, and will also tap into more markets"
This will be interesting to track as it is the opposite model of Axis AVHS. Instead of multiple layers of partners, Bosch appears to be doing this end to end.
- "We expect an average growth in the world market of around 4 percent."
- "In Central and Western Europe as well as North America, growth will remain rather below average."
- Video key: "Video surveillance systems already make up the biggest market share today. This sector will grow at an above-average rate by around 6 percent per year over the next few years."