Great attendance with a limited number of new products marked ISC West 2013. Brian, Carlton, Ethan and myself attended, putting together the following list of highlights for you to review:
- Bosch Stares Down Axis
- We Respect Women ... as Sex Objects - Monitronics
- Heaviest Marketing - Avigilon
- World's #1 in Surveillance... Spam - Longse
- The Most Difficult to Find Major Booth - Genetec
- We're Not on the Show Floor - Verint
- We're Everywhere - Ambarella
- We Are Everything to All People - Dahua
- Don't Call it a Comeback - Mobotix
- The Odd Couple Steps Out - FLIR / Digimerge
- A Challenger to Lenel?
- Biometrics for Vehicles?
- Seinfeld Meets Surveillance?
- Slickest LPR Demo
- Most Different Camera Demo
- Spookiest Interactive Demo
- Google for Surveillance?
- Shoddy Surveillance at 'Pawn Stars'
- ASIS Chicago Boom or Bust?
One other, not on the list, but certainly worth viewing is the first Windows based IP camera, which won the event's "Best in Show," but was widely ridiculed by IPVM members.
Bosch Stares Down Axis
In the most interesting juxtaposition of the show, Bosch figuratively and physically stared down Axis with 100+ cameras, including their just announced 4K/12MP cameras.
The industry benefits from strong rivals to Axis, fostering more quality options and pushing the market forward. We are betting on major Axis releases this fall!
21 more photos and commentary inside.