More acknowledgement of video analytics poor performance delivered by IMS:
- Only "moderate growth" projected this year and next
- 30% annual growth rate by 2012-2013
- 2008 sales volume: 38,000 channels server based, 40,000 channels edge based (cameras, encoders)
- Government and Transportation about 50% of total video analytics market
- IMS states, "The market is still awaiting that “killer application,” and no one seems certain yet what that will be"
I think remote monitoring is the most likely killer app. The guard market globally is extremely large and the business case of replacing some guards for analytics is quite high (nothing sells in security like cutting costs). Analytic companies will still need to prove performance (now more than ever) but I think we are getting close (12-18 months) to seeing real traction in remote monitoring.
Hanwha Wisenet X Analytics and VMD Test
on May 24, 2018
Continuing our updated testing of camera analytics, we tested Hanwha's Wisenet X analytics for over two weeks in multiple scenes, indoors and out,...
Best Manufacturer Technical Support 2018
on May 21, 2018
While 5 manufacturers made the worst technical support 2018 list, only 3 stood out as providing the best technical support to 190+ integrators in...
Most Recent Industry Reports
July 2018 IP Networking Course
on Jun 16, 2018
The last chance to save $50 on registration is this Thursday, June 21st. Register now and save.
This is the only networking course designed...
Security Sales Course Summer 2018
on Jun 14, 2018
Based on member's interest, IPVM is offering a security sales course this summer.
Register Now - IPVM Security Sales Course Summer...
IPVM For PR / Marketing People
on Jun 13, 2018
This post helps PR and Marketing people understand and productively work with IPVM (as much as possible given our independent, often critical,...