Bad News for Video AnalyticsBy: John Honovich, Published on Jun 24, 2009
More acknowledgement of video analytics poor performance delivered by IMS:
- Only "moderate growth" projected this year and next
- 30% annual growth rate by 2012-2013
- 2008 sales volume: 38,000 channels server based, 40,000 channels edge based (cameras, encoders)
- Government and Transportation about 50% of total video analytics market
- IMS states, "The market is still awaiting that “killer application,” and no one seems certain yet what that will be"
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.