Axis Strong Growth Continues in Q3 2010Author: John Honovich, Published on Oct 15, 2010
Axis Communications strong 2010 growth continued in Q3 (July-September) 2010 with sales increasing 29.7% year over year. This is the 4th consecutive quarter of strong growth after declining/poor results in the previous 12 months.
- Currency effects were minimal for the first time in many quarters, making the actual local sales results be in line with revenue growth
- Americas revenue up 28%
- EMEA revenue up 39% (a bullish sign given recent past struggles in EMEA)
- Asia revenue up 44%
- Axis reports future outlook continues to be positive with project inquires showing a 'continued stable trend'
- Gross margins remained at low level of 50.4% (compared to axis historical standards of mid 50s)
- R&D expenditures dropped modestly after a significant increased between Q3 2009 and Q2 2010 (new product introductions over the last 12 months were very strong but relatively slower at ASIS/Essen recently)
Axis now reports, via IMS, that they are the second largest company in video surveillance (by sales, overall, globally - not just IP) with Panasonic #1. In a previous report, Pelco's revenue was reportedly greater than Axis. Given Pelco's admitted sales declines (and dependency on the analog market), it makes sense that Axis is catching up to Pelco.
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.