5MP Camera ExaminedBy: John Honovich, Published on Mar 23, 2010
- The maximum frame rate of the P1247 will be 12fps - fairly common for a higher megapixel camera.
- Axis emphasizes the use of P-iris to improve image quality, claiming that it is needed to deliver the full benefits of 5 megapixel imaging.
- The camera ships with a lens (a 4-10mm varifocal P-iris lens).
- The indoor version has an MSRP of $1499 and the outdoor version an MSRP of $1799. The indoor version's MSRP is approximately 30% higher than Arecont Vision's 5105 (including the separately purchased lens).
- The product is scheduled to ship in June 2010.
The other interesting element of this move is that Axis now has a full multi-megapixel box series (with the P13) covering 1, 2, 3 and 5 megapixels - a deficiency that had for some time.