Subscriber Discussion

With A Hikvision DS-9632NI NVR, And Ds-2cd2232-I5 Cameras, What Best Way To Add Analytics?

DM
David Matyas
Jan 20, 2019

With a Hikvision DS-9632NI NVR, and DS-2CD2232-I5 cameras, what is the easiest way of adding analytic capabilities to it?

Thank you

MD
Matthew Del Salto
Jan 20, 2019
Hudson Security
If you're talking about the built in hikvision analytics such as Line Crossing and Intrusion Detection it will be in the NVR settings.
DM
David Matyas
Jan 20, 2019

Thanks. I am looking for advanced anylitics ,using probably a third party device or software  

JH
John Honovich
Jan 21, 2019
IPVM

David, I am not aware of any easy way of adding third-party analytics to an end-to-end Hikvision system. I do know that Hikvision is improving its HEOP open platform / 3rd party video analytics offering but that will only be with specific, higher end cameras, and not yet publicly announced number of partners.

You might consider a 3rd party VMS that allows adding in analytics, of course, the cost will go up significantly.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jan 20, 2019

What function(s) are you after? "Analytics" too general a term.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Jan 21, 2019

Agent vi can inject the stream in a server and provide analytics  

Mohammad Rashid
Jan 21, 2019

We have a cloud analytics product, works well with hikvision NVRs. Takes 5 min to setup.

Reach out to me at rashid.khan@calipsa.io.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 24, 2019
IPVM

From speaking to some familiar with Hikvision technical options, given these models, it will require connecting to some 3rd party. Lots of analytic companies can connect Hikvision video feeds. The question is then cost, usability, type of analytic, etc.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions