IPVMU Certified / IPVM Admin | 06/02/15 01:27am
Continuing our Surveillance Guide surveys, next we will cover Hospitals. We will send out an integrator survey next week to gather responses.
What questions should we ask? What feedback is useful for Hospital surveillance?
Here are a few ideas. Similar questions have been asked for previous surveys on K-12 and City Surveillance:
1. What are the most important areas to cover in hospitals? Why?
2. What percentage of cameras are installed indoors vs. outdoors?
3. What areas do indoor cameras typically cover?
4. What areas do outdoor cameras typically cover?
5. What role do privacy regulations like HIPAA play in camera placements?
6. How much does a typical system cost, per camera? (Simply divide quote by number of cameras)
7. What recorder/VMS do you use most often in Hospitals?
8. How long is video being stored typically? Why?
9. How often are other systems (access, intrusion, fire, etc.) integrated with video?
10. What are the primary purposes for hospital surveillance? Do dedicated staff monitor cameras? Why or why not?
What would you add? Thanks!