IPVMU Certified | 01/06/20 08:47pm
We are putting together a shootout report comparing intercoms from our recent individual tests. This intercom shootout will be similar to other access shootouts like Mobile Access Control Shootout - Farpointe, HID, Openpath, Nortek, Proxy
Which specific criteria would you like us/ is most useful for you to compare?
Our initial criteria:
- Remote/Cloud-Based Call Answering: Does the intercom support calling mobile phones via app/cloud connection?
- Day/Night Video Quality: All of the devices have cameras, but how well do they work to 'see' details in various light/no light situations?
- SIP/PBX/VoIP/ONVIF Integration: How well do the intercom features integrate with phone and surveillance systems?
- Audio Quality: Do the intercoms use effective noise-canceling to make callers easy to hear over common outdoor background noise?
- Indoor Master Requirement?: Does the system use a mandatory indoor station, or is it optional? Can software phones be used?
- Mount/Installability: Does the unit have options for recessed and surface mounting? What kind of tamper/security hardware is used to secure the device?
- Access Control Integration: How well/ which access platforms supports the intercom calling and integrated access features like lock relays or onboard readers?
- Keypads/Readers/Custom Displays: Which units can be 'customized' with hardware reader/keypad modules or screens for access control/ mass notification/ user feedback?
- Pricing: How does unit pricing for both door station, and additional licensing or hardware compare?
Which other comparisons should we evaluate? Thanks!
Note, we have already done individual tests and this is now to compare/shoot them out against each other. Below are the individual test reports: