Subscriber Discussion

Seeking Recommendations For 120-Day NVR Archive

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 26, 2018

I have a project for which the customer is requesting storage which will be used for archiving the record up to 120 days. Each NVR will be used as a dedicated storage device. So kindly advise, if there's any solution for this or share with us the recommended specs. The NVR is 64-channel and the IP Camera is 64 channel, as well.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jun 26, 2018

Start with an NVR that does 64 channels and then pick a camera with h.265.  I just did a 120 day calculation for 1080p on a 16 channel recorder.  I could have done 120 days on 64 channels with a larger unit.  BUT....you need to provide the requirements. 

(1)
Ahmed Naji
Jun 26, 2018

thank you Dear . what i have understand from the client that he's looking for the record of the NVR up to 30 days but he's also looking for archiving the record up to 120 days in spread archiving system . so my concern is what kind of system i can i use for the archiving .

appreciated. 

Mike Dotson
Jun 27, 2018
Formerly of Seneca • IPVMU Certified

The two that I am familiar with that have the concept of 'archiving' are Milestone and Exacq.    Each has its own capabilities on how the Archive space can be used so you will have to evaluate them to see which one provides what your customer is looking for.

Performance wise, the Milestone one is a much lighter load on the system resources when it runs.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions