IPVMU Certified | 11/07/18 09:33pm
We are a growing security company based in Kitchener, ON that offers its employees a competitive salary, paid training, on-call bonuses, full health benefits (paid after 3 months) and your own work vehicle.
The Company: Harms Security Inc. was founded in 2003 and is built on integrity and customer focus. With our range of skills, knowledge and equipment, we have the expertise to customize a security program exactly to the customer's specific needs. We provide an end-to-end solution that is coupled with high standards.
The Position: The Security/Alarm Systems Technician is a mobile specialist who installs, services, and repairs the various components of security systems at customer sites. You will be required to travel to various locations across Ontario (typically within 1-2 hrs of the Kitchener-Waterloo area). Maintaining confidentiality of customer information is essential. We operate across southwestern Ontario, driving and some travel will be required. This is a full-time position (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm), but some overtime may be required when on-call.
Requirements: Preferred 3 years’ experience, but willing to train and Ontario 'G' license and Ontario 'G' license with a good driving record.
Salary: To be negotiated, will be determined based on experience.
- Service/installation closed circuit television systems, and other various security related systems, including cabling and Storage Device (i.e. Network Video Recorders (NVR), or DVRs.
- IP and Analog camera installation.
- Remove and rearrange CCTV equipment at on-site locations.
- Test, adjust and troubleshoot CCTV equipment.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot cabling issues.
- Handle Work Orders, paperwork and transport materials to work site.
- Make recommendations for video security equipment, and servers as well as materials for use in facilities.
- Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot and perform repairs as necessary.
- Perform upgrades and additions to security systems.
- Diagnose and repair integrated systems.
- Prepare documentation as needed in written and/or electronic formats.
- Maintain manual and computer-based record keeping systems.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, parts, and hardware in tech shop.
- Responsible for reading and understanding technical drawings, assigned project documentation and work orders including scope of work and determine if additional information is needed.
- Available for scheduled on-call to respond to after-hours emergency service calls.
- Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with Team Lead and customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending training classes when offered.
- Ability to lift/move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work from ladders or man lifts at extended heights.
- Maintains accurate truck inventory.
- Attends mandatory meetings as scheduled
- Works well independently
- Able to prepare documents in a variety of written and electronic formats
- Willingness to learn
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions
- Strong critical thinking & problem-solving abilities
- Secondary School Diploma, Post-Secondary education as asset
If you are interested in working at Harms Security Inc. please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our Website