I'm a Newby, setting up residential house surveillance system DYI. I use Samsung IP camera SNO-6084R and have a few questions.
I have the latest firmware installed. Camera is mounted about 9’ off the ground on angle, looking down on the driveway. Zoomed out for widest view.
- Motion Detection. Camera consistently triggers motion detection when it automatically switches from Day color to Night B/W mode and vice versa. It does it even on the lowest sensitivity. Light changes on the scene are highlighted during this transition as if motion detected. All settings in Day/Night section are default.
- False alarms in motion detection. All night recording triggers from bugs, spider web over the lens. I guess bugs attracted buy the IR light. How do you deal with those? I have least sensitive setting set.
- Video Analytics is not working for me no matter what. I played with sensitivity, mode (passing, appearing etc.) It just does not trigger. I have non detection area (blue) defined to monitor only close proximity to the house.
- Face Detection is useless. Often it decides that wheels on my car look like faces .
- Does it makes sense to install dedicated PIR/MW motion sensor like Bosch OD-850 and connect it to the Alarm-in on camera to minimize false alarms? Just want to raise WAF as it's pretty low right now.
Any other experience, setup advice you can share is appreciated. ( Like profiles you are setting for recording, monitoring etc) .
I want to set my expectations right as I have not much to compare to. I wander if I paid double for the Axis or Sony with the same features I would be free or less of those issues.