I know reviews cost considerable time and money. I've had limited search results for anything Dahua in the last 2 years, in particular, any of the cameras with the root term *81230* (specified more so below).
People have told me not to trust that the "smart features will work at UHD resolutions offered..." but without reviews that are more than a no accountability passing sentiment (which may not be the product of experiments) I have no knowledge of this, just allegations.
Please, if anyone has any of the following cameras and can speak about their quality in general, I'd be grateful.
1. Hikvision maybe a better product in some categories, but, they have smaller sensors, and don't mention support for H.265 on their websites (only in grey market). I really do want H.265 everything.
2. As I've said, even though the *81230* series aren't [all] yet explicitly included in the Milestone supported products, there is no denying that Dahua seems to have the fastest rate of getting H.265 devices supported of any company, by a Milestone.
3. I'd agree that the results of their PTZ SD6AE830V-HNI wasn't top shelf, but what if you had access to them at under $1100? Is it fair to ask McDonalds product to be 100% as good as Ruth's Chris? Or can we factor value in? My point being, there're some features of PTZ that are necessary for some but not all - and the resolution, zoom, processing power are still pretty good for my Dahua's price point of the SD6AE830V-HNI, all things considered. I will re-read that review, but i'd also like to hear from owners of the device.
DIRECT user experience for the below would be appreciated, and even BENEFICIAL to IPVM:
For each model # you know, please identify the model, and answer the questions and anything else you'd find relevant about the devices -- and if so, what device you think has better value (price:function ratio) and features. My approximate costs are attached.
My Questions to anyone who's owned them:
I. VALUE point (What price would be worth buying it at relative to performance)
II. What they disliked?
III. What they liked?
IV. If smart features work at UHD?
V. Is the device compatible with Milestone?
Products I'm interested in real reviews on:
4. IPC-HF8835F + PFL085-J12M
5. SD6AE830V-HNI (*IPVM reviewed*) Quality comparison to Uniview IPC6248SR-X22 4K
(How does this Dahua compare to Bosch and Hikvision's current "fisheye" cameras?)
VALUE RATING (SCALE OF 1-10) RELATIVE THE PRICES BELOW FOR EXPERIENCED USERS:
1. IPC-HFW81230E-Z $425
2. IPC-HDBW81230E-Z $445
3. SD6AE830V-HNI $1,100
4. IPC-HDBW5831E-Z5E $210
5. IPC-EBW81230 $475
6. IPC-HF8835F $771
7. PFL085-J12M (Lens) $250
A 35mm sensor is 4x the area of an M-4/3rds.
An M-4/3rds is 6x the area of a 1/1.7”, the largest common sensor that doesn't cost >$4,500.
(Wider will lower prices; and a Sony Starlight M4/3rds could be impressive and competitive.)
Am I really the only one who sees this as a true opportunity for higher quality? And lower 'low light' noise... saving bandwidth, storage space etc. by the increased sizes inherent efficiency?
Any and all honest help will be greatly appreciated.