We are planning a series of new technology tests. By 'technology', we mean certain features or functions that are new, emerging or changing. Examples of this include WDR, panoramics, covert cameras, etc. Of course, we will test actual products but the focus will be understanding and reporting on the fundamental tradeoffs of the feature / function.
Here's a list of upcoming / potential technology tests we are planning:
- 30fps vs 60fps
- Integrated IR cameras (shootout)
- Advanced Motion Detection (things like Axis Motion Detection 2.1 and Mobotix's upcoming offering)
- Trail cameras (like for hunters but sometimes used for surveillance)
- multi-megapixel lens shootout (sequel to our 2011 HD lens shootout)
- EF lens on conventional HD surveillance cameras
- GoPro Hero 4K vs a surveillance camera
What else would you add? Your recommendations will help shape our upcoming tests.