Subscriber Discussion

Any Information On DS-2CD1321-I? Price Is Crazy At 34 USD

JE
Jerome Ellis
Jul 28, 2018

hikvision DS-2CD1321-I is cheapest hik we could source from our distributor was wondering about any independent performance testing..price is crazy at 34usd

MM
Michael Miller
Jul 28, 2018

Just curious.  How much would you charge your customer for this camera? 

JE
Jerome Ellis
Jul 28, 2018

we are not in the USA so our cost to land with duties, shipping , brokers fees etc put that camera at 65-80 usd depending on qty ordered...we would use a markup of 65% generally so that would put it at 107-132 USD 

JH
John Honovich
Jul 29, 2018
IPVM

That model does not come up when searching the Hikvision International website, so I am not sure if that is a special low-cost regional model.

I did find a datasheet for it from a Polish reseller, attached. The two most notable spec limitations are (1) not true WDR and (2) no H.265. Given the price point, I'd be concerned about the IR performance (i.e., it might be hot in the center and/or not reach its spec distance).

Jerome, what is the next most expensive Hikvision model your distributor is offering? How price sensitive are your customers?

U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 29, 2018

https://www.hikvision.com/mtsc/uploads/download/DS-2CD1321-I_(C).pdf

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Jul 29, 2018
IPVM

It's the same datasheet. My point is that it does not appear to be a current, for sale, model in the US nor Western Europe (e.g., another example DVS has no listing). It could be built / marketed specifically for lower cost regions willing to accept lower quality.

(1)
JE
Jerome Ellis
Jul 29, 2018

Hello  John,

Yes i did note it was not on the main hik site nor their catalog and it is not a value express model ( i am waiting to get price on that and test)

Well typically we would want to stick to the ip 3.0 range and that is the range we would hold some stock in eg DS-2CD2125FWD-I, this is a camera with a lot of features and we could sell for 190-220USD..so having an option for a 107-132 camera is a deal closer if customer has a major issue with price. We definitely would not want to sell a camera with potential warranty issues ...but we do get a solid 1 year replacement warranty from our distributor.. that said it needs to be shipped+duties  so it would incur a cost to us for every failure . Our strategy is to lead with the ip 3.0 range, if the customer who typically on the residential side or small business are very price sensitive we can offer a cheaper option or a mix eg  DS-2CD1321-I in internal areas and ip3.0 on perimeter and looking at main entrance where there may more be a need for wdr. These customers would be receiving quotes from integrators with analog and hdturbo and also buying lorex and swan packaged systems directly from our local equivalent of costco so price is a major factor. Our focus is more on the SMB commercial market but in a tight economy a solution for every budget is a win-win strategy. We tend to lead with ACTI but we are introducing hik for a lower cost option.

Planning to bring in a few for testing in the next 3 weeks so i will definitely look at the IR / WDR performance and bear that in mind when recommending.

Jerome

BP
Bas Poiesz
Jul 29, 2018

Just wondering if you’re sourcing the 3.0 model and this model you’re asking info about from the same official national distributor...

It sounds like you’re sourcing the 3.0 model from the official supplier and sourcing the 1321-I from a different cross boarder market.

I could be wrong off course...

JE
Jerome Ellis
Jul 29, 2018

same distributor and their focus is CALA caribbean and latin america as opposed to US market

BP
Bas Poiesz
Jul 29, 2018

I would always go with the true WDR camera offering. It just to be a big step up in price but has become a standard option in lines like the IPC 3.0.

Well worth the money! If it matters for your customer another difference is that the DS-2CD125FWD-I has an IK-10 rating.

BP
Bas Poiesz
Jul 29, 2018

Also the low light difference seems to be massive!

U
Undisclosed #2
Jul 30, 2018
IPVMU Certified

If it matters for your customer another difference is that the DS-2CD125FWD-I has an IK-10 rating.

(1)
(1)
Rumen Palmov
Jul 30, 2018

The main difference between 1-series Hik models (DS-2CD1xxx-I) and the higher model series is the lack of WDR and also the lack of the basic intelligent features (tripwire, zome enter/exit detection) which are otherwise present in Easy IP 2.0/2.0 Plus/3.0 model.

The 1-series models are already upgraded with H.265+ which makes them probably one of the most affordable H.265 solution on the market. The new H.265+ replacement of the model you ask about is DS-2CD1323G0-I - we are already selling this one here in our region. There is also 4-megapixel version DS-2CD1343G0-I - I would go for that one, it also quite competitive. Generally these economic models are really suitable for the SMB market and, as you have figured it out - they are great to be used in a mix with higher end models where needed, thus lowering the TCO for an IP system for the budget conscious clients.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions