What if you
1) Decided you want a video surveillence system to cover the main outside areas of your home or small business.
2) Decided you could put $2000, maybe $3000 tops, as an initial investment.
3) Didn't want to spend more than a few hours in making the decision.
4) Didn't know much about video surveillence, except the general concept.
To help decide, do you think you would
1) Ask people you knew about their systems
2) Read things that people you don't know say about theirs (reviews)
3) Read what manufacturers say about theirs
4) Read non-promotional material to understand the subject matter
In the end do you think you would decide to
1) Buy a system off the shelf from Costco
2) Buy a low-cost system off the Internet
3) Buy a system from an Alarm Company
4) Buy from an Integrator who specializes in VS
Personally, I don't think I would ask anyone for help and probably buy a low-cost system on the Internet. It would be junk and then I would have to buy a better one.