I Refused To Sign A Non-Compete With My Current Employer And Won't Sign One In The Future

This all applies equally to manufacturers.  Again, Nod-Solicit and Non-Disclosure agreements are fine and make sense.

At my previous employer I went from superstar to "out of favor" following a change in managers.  I continued to work, produce good sales numbers etc.  But it was clear that I was no longer a valued part of the sales team.  I started looking around.  Got to the job offer phase with a competitor.  Their legal department iced the offer because they were afraid of legal costs related to the non-compete.

Result: Multiple years stuck in unhappy employment before finally pulling the plug.  This was difficult financially and led to a lot of uncertainty and stress.

Non-competes are bad for employers and for employees.  They favor bigger companies and incumbents because they have the legal & financial resources to threaten employees and smaller companies.  In this sense, non-competes stifle innovation.

I refused to sign a non-compete with my current employer and won't sign one in the future.

NOTICE: This comment has been moved to its own discussion: I Refused To Sign A Non-Compete With My Current Employer And Won't Sign One In The Future

NOTICE: This comment has been moved to its own discussion: I Refused To Sign A Non-Compete With My Current Employer And Won't Sign One In The Future

NOTICE: This comment was moved from an existing discussion: Non-Competes Divide Integrators

Login to read this IPVM discussion.
Why do I need to log in?
IPVM conducts unique testing and research funded by member's payments enabling us to offer the most independent, accurate and in-depth information.

*** ******* ****** ** that ****** *** *** getting * *** ****** from ** ***********, ** your ******** ** ********* a *** ** ***** in **** ******** ** education (*.*, ****** *** your ******* ******), **** don't **** ****.

* *** ** ** 20's **** * ****** my **** ***-******* ****. The ***** ******* ***** I ****** *** ***** acquired, *** * *** offered * ******** *********. It *** * *** of ***** ** *** time *** * *** no ***** **** *** fact **** * ******'* work ** *** ******** for * ***** ** I **** *** ********* company.

***** *** ********* ****** ended, * *** ***** to **** **, *** I ****** ** **** on *** ******* **** or *** ** **** narrowed **** ** ***-******* to * *** ***** companies, *** *** ***** industry. **** ****** *** well.

*** ****** **********, ** is ******* ** **** a ***-******* ****** *** are ***** ******* **** real ******** ********** ** do **.