Member Discussion

I Have 3 Of These Q6045E With Power Problems

I checked out problem with site and found that 3 of Q6045E were totally dead.There is no response even after preforming the factory reset.I have tracked the problem back to main board where lan connector connects.Anyone out there had similar issue and what was fix?

Agree
Disagree
Informative
Unhelpful
Funny

The only time we had similar was on the Q8721 x6 the issue was predominantly only around during cold winter months, 20 degrees and below.  Working with Axis they eventually provided us with new boards to be installed into the cameras.  Note this took months and the cameras were up and down until the resolution was found.  It was covered under warranty though.

Agree
Disagree
Informative
Unhelpful
Funny
Agree
Disagree
Informative: 1
Unhelpful
Funny

Hi John

I left a post to you on another thread.... https://ipvm.com/forums/video-surveillance/topics/anyone-know-fix-for-axis-ptzs-that-work-fine-with-ac-dc-24v-power-but-poe-rj45

I am headed to a call Tuesday for 3 axis ptz's that are down. I am going to call axis with the serial numbers and see what they can do. I am sure they are out of warrantly, but this site has been in operation for less than 4 years. If you have anyone at axis I can contact that would be appreciated. Obviously this is still an ongoing issue. I rarely, rarely, rarely every have to replace an Axis fixed camera, but axis ptz's seem to be far too common. 

Dean

Agree
Disagree
Informative
Unhelpful
Funny

The Axis Q series PTZ's have had some power board issues after being installed for a while.  A simple call to Tech Support and they can issue an RMA for repair.  They will do this under warranty for free or out of warranty for a small charge. Super easy conversation with them.

Agree
Disagree
Informative
Unhelpful
Funny