How To Get Free ISC West 2024 Exhibition Access (Save $100-$150)

JW
Jermaine Wilson
Mar 06, 2024
IPVMU Certified

While ISC West advertises Expo Hall registration for $100, no one who knows how this works would ever pay anything, as free registration is plentily available.

IPVM Image

For example, each exhibitor (e.g., Avigilon, Axis, Hanwha, etc) gets a free registration link code, such as Receive complimentary exhibit hall registration at #ISCWest 2024 and join Hytera US, Inc. in booth #20099!, which eliminates the $100 fee for the Expo Hall registration if done before April 1st which is "early bird pricing" as the standard pricing then goes up to $150 for Expo Hall.

For example, Uniview shared their registration code on "x" / Twitter:

IPVM Image

Also, a visitor can enumerate the numbers assigned to exhibitors to pick which one they want (but this doesn't have any impact on savings) as with the link code, it is free.:

IPVM Image

Were you unaware of this, or have you paid for your attendance for the "Expo Hall" only pass?

Net/net, use this link for free ISC West 2024 expo registration.

CS
Chad Smith
Mar 06, 2024

I received a link from a vendor before I even registered. Quite strange that they would throw these things around publicly like that, especially for those of us who have already attended in the past and know how it works.

JH
John Honovich
Mar 07, 2024
IPVM

Chad, thanks for your first comment. I am just guessing, but I think a benefit is that it increases the perceived value by charging $100 and then allowing their exhibitors to give something that appears to be a $100 value for free.

I do find it strange, this came up because someone told me they were going to pay $100 to register for exhibits. Obviously they were not aware and I did not want them to spend $100 when it's really, in essence, free.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 07, 2024

Not to brag but I've been able to qualify with Executive's Club to get a free pass from them, but in the past if my company didn't have badges because we had a booth, I'd use these because as Jermaine mentions, they get published every where.

I think the motivation for that is if you use a vendor's code, they're going to get your info without you needing to pass by the booth.

(1)
JW
Jermaine Wilson
Mar 07, 2024
IPVMU Certified

Related,

If you visit a vendor booth and they scan your badge, they also get your info / a lead (potentially). Sometimes, in my own experience this leads to being added to marketing lists / promotional emails *hits unsubscribe*, but for end-users and vendors, could be very helpful to connect offline / post-show as you may only have a few minutes (if that) depending on the traffic at each booth.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions