Hikvision USA 2019 ISC West Marketing - Their Own Employees

JH
John Honovich
Mar 20, 2019
IPVM

Last year, Hikvision USA's marketing campaign centered on dealers including pictures of a few of them, e.g.,

This year, Hikvision USA's marketing campaign is featuring their own employees.

Hikvision USA has posted 6 of them on their Instagram:

One of their employees is literally the front cover of SSI March 2019 magazine:

SSI - where they do not even pretend there is a line between editorial and advertising...

Poll / Vote

Contrast

It certainly not the norm. By contrast, here is a new Axis ad, which sounds like buzzword mad libs to me:

Positive for Hikvision?

A positive for Hikvision USA's ad campaign is that given that they are embattled in the US (whether one likes them or not, it's been a very hard year for them in the US), showing their own people smiling and confident is an upbeat message (though whether it makes sense to be upbeat is a different question).

What do you think?

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Mar 20, 2019

I think Hikvision is trying to portray themselves as not ALL Communist party government agents. "Hey look, we're just like you".

(3)
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Mar 20, 2019
IPVM
Ross Vander Klok
Mar 26, 2019
IPVMU Certified

I think this is a good move for them.  Put a human face to the evil empire.  Could have just as easily been models/actors, but save a little cash using your own folks.  I don't necessarily like the ads, but I think it is the right and probably only move they can make.

(4)
JH
John Honovich
Apr 01, 2019
IPVM

Hikvision is the front cover of SSN's April edition:

JH
John Honovich
Apr 08, 2019
IPVM

Hikvision has a new video as part of its campaign. I think it's well done - humanizing and uplifting:

It does not change what Hikvision China is but it does a really good job of painting a friendly local face.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Dec 05, 2019
IPVM

Update: 9 months ago, this Hikvision employee was literally the face of Hikvision USA:

Now, she has gone to NetApp:

Given everything happening, it is totally understandable.

Related, Bob Germain, long-time Hikvision USA product manager has left. There seems to be an acceleration of people leaving Hikvision USA now.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 05, 2019

How long until Martha finds salvation? Not sure that any industry publications are in a hiring mood though.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Dec 05, 2019

Interesting. Who jumped first? Scott or her?

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Dec 06, 2019
IPVM

For context, #2 is alluding to Scott Bartlett, another senior Hikvision salesperson who recently left Hikvision for NetApp:

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions