Subscriber Discussion

Hik POE NVR - How Many IP Cameras?

David Johnson
May 14, 2016

Anybody know how many IP cameras can be added to the 7616 NIE series 16Ch POE NVR through the NIC? Is there a cap on number and does the POE connected total factor in?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
May 14, 2016

Hi David,

From my experience it's 16 cameras total combined NIC and on-board PoE.

David Johnson
May 14, 2016

So if I only used say 4 of the POE ports I'd have 12 possible on the NIC? I ask because I once tried to add 2 cams to the NIC on a 4 POE port machine and had a pop up telling me only one was possible even though only 2 POE ports were in use and bandwidth appeared available.

UI
May 14, 2016

It depends on the generation on NVR - I had the issue you described when my camera bit rate was too high. Otherwise, I was able to mix and match without any issues. It could also be an incoming bandwidth issue. The 7616 has 100Mbps of incoming available.

Do you recall the model of NVR you used in the past?

David Johnson
May 14, 2016

DS-7604NI-E1/4P

UI
May 15, 2016

That's weird that it would not allow you to add the two external cameras.

Maybe a firmware issue? Something to ask Hik tech support if you have a contact person.

Brian Rhodes
May 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified

According to this specsheet: Model 76xx NVRs

Max channels are limited based on camera resolution, (16-ch@4CIF, 12-ch@720P, 6-ch@1080P)

And PoE is limited to a max of 8 ports on a 16 channel model, with a max of 120W (or ~15W per port of all 8 are used).

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions