IPVMU Certified | 03/28/17 11:55am
I have been using the calculator quite a bit for about 6 months now. I absolutely love it, but in the course of that time, have found some issues that I would like to know if anyone else is having and/or if IPVM is aware of and addressing. This is not a criticism as I think what the IPVM team has produced is an incredibly useful design tool.
1. Scene Select - Several problems with this. 1. If I select a scene, when I save a project and return to it later, all the cameras are back to the default scene the camera loads with. 2. Sometimes I select a scene, but then I have to mouse over the scene and pan around it to get it back to what it should look like. Its like the scene gets digitally zoomed in and panned. 3. I really wish there was a generic "building exterior" scene, and several panoramic scenes you could select.
2. It would be extremely helpful if there was an undo button.
3. Right click menus wont go away unless you choose an action from them. This is a problem because sometimes to think you are on a camera and you right click to do a camera edit function, but it brings up the right click menu of the map. Then you can't get rid of that menu unless you pick from one of its options, none of which you intended to do.
4. When using a PDF overlay, zooming in to a certain point makes the google map disappear. It would be nice if this could be adjusted.
5. BETA camera mounting height/aiming - This feature has a big issue. When I try to change the aiming angle, it uses the number I place in there and subtracts that from the camera mounting height. I put a camera at 10' with 0 deg aiming. When I put in 5 deg aiming, the camera mounting height automatically changed to 5'.
6. There needs to be a way to turn field of view projections off (similar to the check box for IR limit line being turned of). When you have a layout with 60 cameras for instance, it is just too hard to read with all those overlapping fov. Ideally there should be a "turn all FOV off" and "on" and then the ability to turn individual cameras off/on by right click menu.