Subscriber Discussion

Who Uses Bacnet For Access Or Intrusion?

Joe Mirolli
Jan 26, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Is anyone using bacnet to link their access control or intrusion systems? What information is being shared/requested and how are they using it to their advantage? 

UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Jun 28, 2018

I wanted to bring this topic back up. I see that the Mercury EP4502 supports BacNet. Has anyone integrated other systems (fire alarm , lighting control etc) to an access control system via BacNet?

U
Undisclosed #2
Jun 28, 2018

Once upon a time there was Andover..and plain English!

(1)
SD
Shannon Davis
Jun 28, 2018
IPVMU Certified

In Lenel you can bring in other systems through bacnet to monitor other systems. One advantage of this would be to monitor your building systems through one interface. You can also use bacnet to turn up the thermostat and turn on certain lights when you card read at the front door. UTC has a new building in Florida that is taking advantage of the bacnet integrations to many different systems. I see this being used more and more over the next few years as companies will want the "Alexa" in their buildings without the "Alexa".

(1)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Jun 29, 2018

"in lenel"  Get out.

(1)
(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions