Axis P1428-E - Hidden Limitations

I'm writing this to warn you all about the Axis P1428-E. Apparently this camera has limitation in it's API due to the fact that the hardware can't handle it.

It started with a project where the customer want's to make 'photos' of their product. So we got an Axis camera and planned on using the API to make stills, and use the overlay to display the product number.

We first...

** **** * ***** ** *** ** ** ***** ****, and ** ***. *** ******** ****** ** **** *** ******* resolution ********, ** ** **** **** *** ** *******, *** P1428-E.

** *** ******** **** ** * ******* *********** *** ********, and ** ******* *** *** ******'*.
* *** ****** ******* **** ** *** **** *** ****** them ** ** *** ** **** ***** ****. *** **** didn't. ** **** **** *** ******, *** ****'* ******* *** overlay.

** * *** **** ******* **** **** *******. ***** *** me ****, ** ** ********, **** *** ***** ******'* ******* the *******, ***** *** ******** ******'* ****** **! * *** directed ** ***release ***** of the firmware where it stated under ***** ***********"5.80.1.1:L16 **** ******* **** **** ******* ****** **** ********"

* *** ******* ** *** *** *****. *****'* ** ******* of **** ** *** *********. *** ** **** ** **** out ************************ ****** ******** ****** * ******** ** * *** ***** ** *** *** least.
* ****** ****** ** *** ********* ********* *********** ** *** API ***** *** **** *** ***** * ***** ******.

******* ** ***** * ********* ******** **** *** ********, *** I ******* *** **** ***** *** * ******* ** ****.

Login to read this IPVM discussion.
Why do I need to log in?
IPVM conducts unique testing and research funded by member's payments enabling us to offer the most independent, accurate and in-depth information.

********** **'* *** **** *** **** ****'* *** *** ** juice: