Axis M3024-LVE Versus The M3025-VE?

Has anyone performed low-light tests for the Axis M3024-LVE (720p with IR) and the M3205-VE (1080P)? They both carry an MSRP of $549.00 and are rated for outdoor use. I'd like to know which one provided the most usable images in low light conditions.

-Steve

One has built in IR and the other does not. We have not tested it but I would almost certainly go with the integrated IR one unless you had quite a lot of light. The non-IR one has an F/2.0 lens so you cannot expect strong low light performance with such a fundamental handicap. Reference: M30-VE datasheet.

Thanks. I felt they integtrated IR wioth 720p was the way to go, coupled with information from several of your articles. I was hoping to see some images of them side by side.

From testing lots of other Axis cameras, I am quite confident that between those 2 models for low light performance, the M3024 is the way to go. Also, even in the day, you are not going to give up that much with a 720p model vs 1080p.

We are not planning to test those cameras anytime soon as we are trying (currently) to test less common offerings.

Thanks John.