Bump. Any integrator or end-user using or ever used Next Level before?
Is cost your driving factor?
Inaxsys Security Systems | 03/06/14 04:17pm
If price is your only consideration, I don't think you should make up your mind based on per camera/per door licensing. This can be insignificant versus the cost of:
- door controlllers (I've seen 2-door controlllers that vary from $300 to $2,000)
- Readers (again, huge variations depending on the technology and brand)
- Wiring, labor, conduit, etc....
- door hardware used (strikes, mag locks, WIFI all-in-one locks such as Salto, etc...)
- access control software (could be "free" all the way to thousands, depending on the platform)
- integration costs between access/video platforms (some platforms charge just to turn "on" the integration feature)
- cameras used
- server costs (some brands have no license cost but are 2X more expensive than a COS server)
So acutal software licensing costs on a project such as you describe could be small versus all the rest. I think that you need to look at a product solution globally and bring all costs into consideration before making a decision.
IPVMU Certified | 03/06/14 04:29pm
We don't have any experience with Next Level but since you are asking for alternatives you could look into infinias they offer access control and video integrated into a vms platform... I can't be much help on the video side of their product as we have never used it but we use their access product... just a thought...