HD Analog Four Way Cameras Tested

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 28, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Comparison shots of the three Analog variants, sensor on left (topside) with processing chip on its right (bottomside).

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 28, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Athough I don't disagree with IPVM's "don't buy' recomendation, I think its worth stating that for $15 this is quite a feat of engineering.

Furthermore the fact that it was (apparently) done against the wishes and assistance of all three of the IP holders, suggests that a viable and competitive universal chipset is not far off. And if the three IP holders wanted to help, we'd have it even quicker.

After all, this is gen 1 combo chip. Remember some of the early CVI,TVI, and AHD product. If the 960H worked well, that alone is worth $15.

Moreover, I would ask IPVM to re-evaluate their assessment of the CVI panel. I'm not sure that the genuine CVI image is clearly better. Look at the eye-chart for instance:

(2)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 28, 2015
IPVM

Just because it is a feat of engineering does not mean one should buy it.

If these companies come to an agreement, if they 'hackers' can improve the hack, it's worth reconsidering.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 28, 2015
IPVMU Certified

If the hackers can improve their hack, and started to sell significant product*, that would be a damn good reason for the three to come to an agreement, no?

Negotiated by ours truly, of course.

*without the others being able to shut them down legally.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions