Subscriber Discussion

Wednesday July 1 2015 Daily Update

MT
Matt Transue
Jul 01, 2015

Emails, etc. throughout the day

Grading exams and resubmits.  John Wood scored a 68% on the final but was unable to give it as much attention as he would have liked due to his wife becoming ill and needing some care towards the end of the course.  As a courtesy I’ve sent him his missed questions for a chance to resubmit.  He seems committed to learning the material and has a bit more time how to concentrate on it.

On another note, I’ve had more emails with students in this class than any other so far (some of this may be due to me being the lead instructor of the course).  Students are asking why questions were marked wrong and why the correct answers are correct.  This shows a high level of engagement to the course and exam, but also a strong emphasis on learning and understanding specifically what was wrong and why.

Started YouTube video ideas discussion.  Got some direction from John for topics (thanks John).  Compiling a list of ideas and breaking them into categories (i.e. insightful, highly searched, course related).  Once I have a list of topics and an idea how we want to present it, I should be able to bang out a bunch of these.  I will call John tomorrow morning to discuss this further and ensure we have a solid plan moving forward.

Was able to get things cleaned up and the backdrop, etc. setup.  Here is what it looks like (nothing fancy).

Added questions for shutter / exposure quiz.  Sent to John for review, then we can release it.  We have several other quizzes to release.  I will also follow up with John on this tomorrow morning.

Had a chat with Brian.

Releasing the quizzes and getting the YouTube videos going is important now since we have some time before the next course starts.  I will work on these items over the holiday weekend if necessary also.

Derek Ward
Jul 01, 2015
Hanwha

- Avigilon testing and writing wrap-up.

• Shot Avigilon minidome in WDR scene.
  • Created WDR comparisons and inserted them into report with color commentary.
  • Shot installation video with Ethan.
  • Shot physical overview video myself.
  • Snapped a free image photo.

Basically, all that is left is to go over videos and text with Ethan for feedback and the post will be complete, barring further edits.

- Installed new graphics card on the desktop for Genetec testing next week.

- Talked to Brian (popular guy that Rhodes character).

FWIW, either tomorrow or next I would like to start working on the Video Flaws Guide, so long as everyone else is okay with that. If something else is more pressing, we can sideline this to a later date.

Ethan Ace
Jul 02, 2015

Today:

- shot avigilon wdr with derek

- shot avigilon install video

- set up the ubiquiti nvr and addressed the camera -- interesting mount on that thing, haven't really looked much at the nvr.

- writing up axis camera companion now

- sd cards arrived, popped them in a couple cameras, we'll see if we see any difference

JH
John Honovich
Jul 02, 2015
IPVM

For this:

That looks pretty terrible. Please get it set up asap and try filming anything - even simply you saying "My name is Matt." We need to see how it will look.

You may need to pull it up higher, iron the sheet, add lights, etc.

If it looks bad, it will not be published. There's tons of videos online that will walk you through this.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions