Tuesday May 12 2015 Daily Update

Ethan Ace
May 12, 2015

Today:

- Spent time looking through the archives for things to update and serve as leads. Updating the camera selection guide for next week, adding 4K, more scenes, etc. Went over cameras for that with Derek, talked to John about it briefly. Cameras for that are set, defaulted, and updated. Will expand on planned scenes, etc. later.

- Expanding the RFP template. I think I've added about all that needs to be added. Mostly better and clearer examples of problems. Next task is to restructure it which I'll look at tonight.

- Added SMA info to Genetec post: http://ipvm.com/updates/2959

- Asked Micropower for loaner system for testing.

- Tear down Samsung Lite and add to report.

- Talked about a couple ideas with Brian.

- Talked with Eagle Eye support because I submitted a new driver request while doing videos yesterday. I think they added the camera today. He asked if I could plug in an audio source so I plugged in my iPad to the camera with a two hour history documentary on Youtube. He likely fell asleep.

- I have to review Brian and Matt's lists of questions from classes to see what's noteworthy there. Just haven't had time yet today.

Tomorrow, I will write Eagle Eye and redo whatever needs it, and start shooting things for camera selection. Looking forward to more talk about the vertical guides.

Derek Ward
May 12, 2015
Hanwha

I have a project to work on tonight which is to update the lowest cost outdoor camera models and insert it into a new post. Going to find what models are lowest cost in our finder and compare those results to our old post from 2013 and update where necessary.

As for today:

• Setup cameras for "Camera Selection Guide" Expansion. 6 cameras were aimed, configured, and updated. Goal is to shoot new scenes with new cameras and update the old report with new findings and recommendations.
  • Updated images for Ethan to use in the RFP template update he's working on.
  • "Anything but Arecont" post. Inserted examples using the "Exclude" function.
  • Assisted Ethan briefly with the Samsung Camera Teardown.
  • Created the poorly phrased "Lens Replacement" discussion. I forget how we try to stay as far away as possible from using the word "Ever" (Newbies take note). It comes across as it's a super rare thing or unheard of.

Like I mentioned, I'll be grabbing low cost outdoor camera models tonight and have a list prepared in a separate post which I'll update later on in this thread.

*Update. Here is the current list. I'll add more and recheck prices.

(1)
MT
Matt Transue
May 13, 2015

Many class assignment responses throughout the day

Class 1 final prep

Posted class 1 slide deck PDF to class page

Lead IP Networking morning class 1 with Brian. Converted GTM recorded session format to WMV. Uploaded to Wistia, changed the thumbnail image to the first slide and embedded Class 1 - morning session video to class page

Sent Camera class 10 questions to Brian and Ethan for post/discussion consideration

Started building API / SDK Tutorial quiz

Conducted Camera class 11 with Brian

Lead IP Networking evening class 1 with Brian. Converted GTM recorded session format to WMV. Uploaded to Wistia, changed the thumbnail image to the first slide and embedded Class 1 - morning session video to class page.

Converting the GoToMeeting videos and uploading them to Wistia takes quite a while, but this is likely a consequence of the large file sizes (113MB for session 1. 85MB for session 2).

Brian Rhodes
May 13, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Goals today:

Did 3 classes with Matt.

Tomorrow:

Amazon Installation Services post tomorrow

Discussion tomorrow: Anixter declares future of access control is "Open Architecture"

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions