Subscriber Discussion

Tuesday, May 5th 2015 Daily Update

Derek Ward
May 05, 2015
Hanwha

Shot WDR man door scene with the Wisenet Lite cameras. I've also created comparison images for the conference room and WDR scenes, which I've inserted into the report, along with FOV images.

Heard back from Samsung/Forest regarding questions we had with the Samsung Wisenet Lite cameras. I'll try out his feedback Thursday and see what happens.

Replacement for the Axis Q1615 came in, so I addressed and upgraded firmware
for it.

Handled questions/feedback from Sony with John/Ethan regarding cameras in the
camera finder. All is settled on that front.

Paid a FedEx invoice.

Setup to do another Tatung video with Ethan, but we weren't able to shoot it today due to unforeseen circumstances.

An idea popped into my head in the terms of a wiki-like document we could insert on the finder page about how we handle what gets inserted for each category with examples. For example: Day/Night -- Cameras with an IR-cut filter or an equivalent. Cameras with true day/night that follow this spec are marked "true", otherwise, cameras using digital or electronic day/night or color only cameras are labeled "false".

I'll be back on Thursday if anyone needs me.

MT
Matt Transue
May 05, 2015

Responded to emails throughout the day.

One student wanted some help understanding differences between specific cameras to use for an application where they are monitoring an important hallway currently with an SVGA analog camera. Discussed his needs and educated him on what considerations to make regarding higher MP camera choices. His particular scene has some fairly high contrast, likely requiring good WDR performance. We also discussed low light performance and the possible need to add white or IR lighting. Since the current camera is a ‘covert’ style, he will likely want to consider IR at a higher nanometer wavelength (940nm+)

Responded to class assignments throughout the day (there were lots of these throughout the day today)

Also briefly looked over the satisfaction survey sent out for the last IP Networking course.

One of the students in our camera course sent me some information on updated pixel density specifications (EN 50132-7). I sent this to the team in case there is any interest in looking into these, though I don’t think it will penetrate to the US.

Reviewed and studied class 9 readings for camera course. Duplicated existing quiz for HD analog vs. IP Tutorial, updated it with some changes and added questions to it.

Went through ‘Choosing the Right Camera’ reading and sent sections where we mention price points (either specific prices, or ‘cheaper’ and ‘more expensive’). Brian sent some initial findings, but his and my findings disagreed. We had a chat to make sure we were on the same page with the price changes. After that I updated the appropriate sections of the reading to reflect these changes.

Conducted Camera Course class 9 with Brian

Brian Rhodes
May 06, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Goals:

Did Class 9

Answered emails

Worked on Avigilon Access test details with Allentown. Sending Kruglak and MacTaggart RFQs in a minute.

Reviewed installation guide draft, it should be ready in a day or two after Lightning makes cover art.

Ethan Ace
May 06, 2015

Today:

- finished up Siklu post

- finished up IC720 post

- put together Tatung report, tested some third party apps with it, shot last video

- reviewed Samsung Wisenet Lite images, sorted out WDR FOV with Derek so he could finish shooting.

- talked with Brian re: Avigilon upgrades, etc.

Tomorrow:

- Anything that needs doing on Tatung for release.

- Look at Samsung response and check CODEC so that test can be finished. Everything else is done, aside from IR range which didn't strike me as too vital. The Lite cameras look pretty good relative to Dahua/Hik in low light. More even illumination, less noise.

- Write up Micropower

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions