Subscriber Discussion

The Webinar Access?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 10, 2015

Hi, Bit confused turned up at the right time and now it says the next one is in 8 hours?

JH
John Honovich
Mar 10, 2015
IPVM

The 'morning' class just ended. You should have received an email 20 minutes before the class with a link and a reminder.

The 'evening' class starts in 8 hours.

The recorded version will be posted online in a few hours on the course home page.

UI
Mar 10, 2015

Whopps! :D

To confirm thats Midnight UK time? :)

JH
John Honovich
Mar 10, 2015
IPVM

I believe the UK is 4 hours ahead of US ET, so yes that would make it midnight :)

(1)
UI
Mar 10, 2015

Cheers John, my bad.. :)

RD
Rob Davis
Mar 10, 2015

I also got the time wrong and only caught the last 15 minutes (I had hoped to be early!).

I mifght try to catch the later one, but that is 2.00am for me - and there is work tomorrow!

I saw that the course was recorded - how can we play back the recording?

Thanks

MT
Matt Transue
Mar 10, 2015

Hey Rob,

We will be posting the recorded training to the course home page in a few hours. You will be able to access it there.

Thanks Rob!

LM
Luke Maslen
Mar 13, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Having made this mistake myself in the past, I'd recommend any Google Calendar users set up the lesson times in the calendar and click on the Time Zone link. This will allow you to enter the USA eastern times for the class but then Google Calendar will show it in your own local time. Here's how entering the time for the Thursday 8pm ET session looks in my calendar:

Google Calendar time zones

Once I save the entry, it shows the date and time for my local time zone as Friday at 11am:

Google Calendar day view

I know that we'll be going off daylight savings time soon and the calendar adjusts for that. If the east coast of the USA goes on to daylight savings time, your local calendar will also adjust. It's a very neat system to ensure you know when the classes will be weeks in advance and not just when you receive the IPVM course reminder email shortly before the class. I hope this helps.

MT
Matt Transue
Mar 13, 2015

In an effort to make this easier for folks to add the trainings to their calendar we have posted an export link on the class page. It is located under the 'Resources' section (top right of the page) directly under the Course Forum link.

Course Calendar Export

Please let us know if there are any questions here.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions